Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a good friend is a good pillow

I have talked off and on to anyone who will listen about how Lucy has changed our houses dynamics and in particular with Pippi.  Well, these pictures are a perfect example of what I have been talking about. 

It started in the morning as it many times does while I am having coffee on the porch.  Lucy comes over and lays on the couch with me/on me.  Pip was on the ottoman.  Lucy and Pip started doing their alligator play, mouth, noises, flea bites, etc.  They at some point I am sure I got tired of being the receiver of much of this play so I told them all done.  Lucy sort of chills out and relaxes, half across the couch and ottoman, as she was when playing with Pip.  Eventually, I think everyone just sort of chilled out and I see Pip actually lay her head down on Lucy.  Now, if this was the other way around I wouldn't be making so much noise about it.  Lucy lays on everyone all of the time, even Pip tolerates it now.  But to have Pippi  be comfortable enough and relaxed enough to just do this, not so much!  I am sure some of it was just the feeling of I am not giving up this ottoman, but some of it is also they have just really bonded in this way. 
And this is why I sit in the porch with the phone/camera.  Because you just never know what might happen.
  

No comments: