Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pip's First Night (NOT New Years Eve!)

Last night was Pip's First Night at class. I am fortunate to have a job teaching family dog and puppy classes at Tails U Win Canine Center in Manchester, CT. Classes consist of 8 1 hr sessions, with the "first" night ( or session) an informative one with just owners, no dogs. But we as instructors bring a dog or dogs if we want. I like to bring a dog or 2 to show what I love to do with positive reinforcement training and to talk about how I have incorporated it into my many different dog personalities. Pip has never been to first night. She is rather impulsive and I've always been concerned about how she would reflect on the training. Its always been my goal so I took the plunge and went for it. I have been working on having her lie down on a grooming table. Gives her a "place to be" and being up high which she lives, also keeps her from getting to enthusiastic with folks. Between that and tired Lucy we had a pretty successful evening. More things to work on for the next time.

No comments: