Monday, October 5, 2009

Our WC

I have no pictures of the Working Certificate (WC) event that we attended on Saturday. As anybody in CT would know, it POURED on Saturday, buckets and buckets and buckets. Not good picture taking or video taking conditions.

This was Lucy's second WC attempt, she passed last year but we are still working thru some challenges so I entered her in the WC again. She passed but with different issues then last year. I obviously have more training to do. It was Pip's first WC attempt. And as I think about it, I only started training her for this type of work about 5 months ago. Pip does a great job of marking and racing to the bird, but I discovered this week that she is not comfortable picking up birds. She does awesome with the bumpers. She refused to pick up the bird on land so I was unable to continue. I"ll need to get creative with my training with her. Probably do some using her dinner and/or chicken necks, her favorite high value treat.

I did discover that my LLBean Rainjacket is no longer waterproof. I"ll be going to LLBean today to see if there 100% guarantee is really for ever! The water soaked right through my jacket. The pants were fine - probably because I haven't worn them as much. Who knows! Brrrr, nothing worse then wet raingear.

No comments: