Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Surgery and Such,........

Pip had her surgery yesterday to remove the cyst on her wrist.  During the visit and subsequent conversation with the ortho I found out that her knee/cruciate is fully torn but she is doing okay on it.  I did not realize that, perhaps he said it and I did not hear the words.  I thought it was arthritis and a partial tear that had healed.  He did also say it was just a matter of time before she "blew" the back leg. 

Guess I don't really understand much of this.  Will continue discussions with Wendy/trusty vet as we move forward and with Deb/trust PT lady.  Pip must go for bandage changes once a week for 3 to 4 weeks so I'll start those conversations next week.  In the meantime very restricted activity, splint and bandage up to her elbow and cone on head at times to keep her from picking at the wrist.  Today she is still pretty mellow but I see the spark in her eyes coming back, most likely some long weeks. 

the cyst, I don't remember the name of it, but it was "communicating" with the joint and partially calcified.  And I believe more involved then originally thought. 

She was a good girl thru out though,....

No comments: