Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hiking in the Winter

I've been trying to get more hiking in this winter. Its a feeling of being outside that seems to lighten my mood and spending time with 1 or 2 dogs at a time. I think because Al's been doing a lot of overtime lately and his Robotics menotoring has started for this years game. Odd, it never seemed to bother me to spend time by myself, I did it for year before I met Al and always felt comfortable with it. Since I've been married, it seems to bother me more. But getting out despite the cold is a good thing for all of us.

Black dogs are hard to take pictures of in general, harder against the snow and of course I'm doing most of them with my phone because I always have that with me.




Pippi, ears blowing in the wind, and a picture of what she was staring and sniffing it. This was Friday, and a cold and windy day, maybe 25 degrees at the most. Not the most comfortable weather but I was pretty sure I wouldn't run into a ton of folks hiking. I prefer that when hiking Pip since she can sometimes be a little hard to handle around other dogs. She was fascinated by the sounds and smells coming off of Bolton Pond. And her running with joy down the trail. She runs back to me as quickly and joyfully as she runs out.


Lucy, digging in the snow after a pile of fell on head from the pine tree.

No comments: