Monday, November 30, 2009

My Goals for 2010, Perhaps if they are in writing,.....



My goals, perhaps if I put them in writing, kind of like telling folks that you are quitting smoking because then you are committed since you have told everyone!

My goals, are not weight related, cosmetic related, or thing related - because no matter what, I know now that those things if changed, or altered or purchased, won't make my life better. I know that when obsessed by my weight gain or looks, I become more obssessed and unhappy with everything. I know that effects my day to day life, my relationship with Al and with everyone else.

My goal; to work on the little things with my dogs and to progress slowly with with purpose and success, and to remember to modify goals as needed and not give up.

My goal; to become better satisfied with who I am, what I am and how I am and not let myself fall into the trap of my feeling bad or guilty because of someone else. Difficult for me to grasp, but I do understand that only I have control over how I feel.

My goal; to be more patient with everyone, but especially Al, who loves me in the same manner as my labradors, with no rules or restrictions, no matter what.

My goal; to always remember the day I knew that Al was different, the day about 4 yrs ago when he helped me clean up the biggest nastiest dog mess you can possiblyn imagine which we found when we come home from a lovely dinner date one night while still in the dating mode.

Happy 2010 I hope,...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sounds like pretty good goals! I have been thinking about you as I pack up my house and find pictures from Stowe, boxes you packed almost 8 years ago that are still packed (!!), and the cute decoupage stool you made me (a little worse for wear but still kicking). I even found a video (vhs, no less) of an agility run with Toby!

The Labradors said...

Oh, I remember working so hard on that stool. And on the packing as I remember. I remember playing some silly song really really loud at your Mom's house by Meatloaf, or something like that, do you remember?

Anonymous said...

I can't remember a song. I did find the photos of Pat Wardwell dressed up in my mom's belly dancing outfit though! My sister decided it was time to throw out those costumes. If you ever want to move and purge your stuff/crap, hire Jenn to do it!