Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We are back,.....

Well, been quite a slacker with my blog. I didn't realize I hadn't posted anything since May. I went into heaving training mode for Pip's Excellent Rally title, then did no training at all - went thru a slight rough patch but hope to be back on target now.

Pip did receive her Excellent Title for AKC Rally in July. She did a nice job, and I know works really hard.

Now we have started training for her WC (Working Certificate). This is a certificate offered specifically for labradors. Similar to a Hunt Test but with less criteria somewhat. Pip is a hot ticket with this - it certainly feeds into her prey drive thats for sure. We have only done land work so far. I don't think that she will have any issue with water but will need to get a couple of tries in. I am also going to give my Lucy another shot at the WC. Lucy received her WC last year - but I am currently working on her "visiting" social piece of the retrieve - so am repeating before I move onto bigger better things. I haven't quite figured out how to stop the visiting,.....

I've also decided to make this blog about my dogs in general - not just Pip. My oldest Sarah, who is almost 14 is struggling with many things - and everyone in my house has a story at one time or another. It will be fun to write about them and I think soothing to me also.

No comments: