Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Therapy - Its Zenny for Sure!


Zenny, he's my only boy dog. Zen goes to the beat of a different drum. He's the best house/pet dog a person could have. If he lived in a different house and was the only dog, I'll bet he would be very different. But with the 3 girls ahead of him and then Lucy after, he's pretty much the mellow boy. Zenny is 3 and is a wonderful dog to hike with and hang out with. My husband and Zenny hang together a lot, Zenny likes to supervise while Al works around the house. And sometimes they just hang out on the couch together.

I had hoped to do obedience or at least Rally with him but it does not seem to be his cup of tea at all. I decided a couple of months ago to try Therapy, we went thru the training at Bolton Vet and he passed the test in August. We are still awaiting his vest and official information so that we can begin our trial/supervised visits. Meanwhile I have been taking him to the various pet stores and other places where we can continue to work on distraction and meet new people.

Zenny also has a wonderful nose! We have signed up for a Tracking Clinic in a couple of weeks - and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. Its a full 2 days which can sometimes be a little taxing for his brain.

More to come on all of that - and pictures too!

No comments: