Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Weekend of Ribbons


We had a great 3 day weekend and birthday celebration. Since I am the Rally Obedience instructor where I work, I wanted to continue working on Rally with my own dogs. In addition to agility, I decided to focus on Pip's Rally skills as well. We've been practicing walking around food bowls, front from the side and all of the other Rally adventures. Pippi already has her Novice Rally title so I am working on Advanced. By entering 4 trials it sort of forced me to get moving on specific things!

Our first Advanced trial was this past Friday. I walked the course, pretty basic, nothing tricky. They did have the dreaded Offset Figure 8 exercise - which is normally a Figure 8 around pylons with food bowls (and food!) as a distraction. This judge 2 giant stacks of stuffed toys - lucky me, Pip isn't really into stuffed toys, she did fabulous. I lost a little attention at an outside corner of the ring -but all the rest was awesome. We received a score of 97 and a third place. VERY HAPPY with the day and Pip's ability to work under distration of the building.

The rest of the weekend we did USDAA Agility. Pippi did well there also, receiving 5 qualifying scores, a couple of second and third placements AND gained 3 titles over the weekend. Pip did awesome - poles were fabulous, her attention was fabulous - couldn't not have asked for more. As this particular weekend was also my birthday, this was a great present for me in addition to the awesome Murder Myster dinner with my husband!

Monday was day of rest for Pip - and we are off to Rhode Island on Friday for another Rally trial - I am somewhat rethinking this entry as I must be there by 7:30am at the latest but am hoping I do not use that as an excuse,..... I've certainly done it for agility!

More training at Petsmart this week for sure - our favorite spot is working together in front of the giant bird cage!!!

No comments: