Monday, March 9, 2009

Pip's Arrival - February 2002


Pip was born on February 11, 2002. A friend of mine had bred a litter which resulted in 3 puppies. Unforutunately, one pup passed away and other injured while still in the litter and was taken care of separately. As a result, both girls were raised as single pups.

I had no intention of getting another dog at this time. I had 2 already and was not even considering. My friend wanted to keep this particular pup but with working full time, 2 young boys at home and a husband it was a bit much. Somewhere around 5 or 6 months, she asked if I was interested in co-owning. I said yes - which the knowledge that if it did not work out she would go back - knowing full well that of course once the puppy arrived in my house she would never leave. Pretty much nothing leaves my house once it arrives!

Pip came with the name "Paige", named by one of the little boys. I was very into dog agility at the time and could not envision calling on the agility field "Paige go right!" so I asked to change her name.

So, it was going to be Pippi Longstocking (?? don't ask me why) but I ended up with Pippi Tail Up High since as a puppy, she held her tail up in the air - very unlabrador like. My friend was not thrilled with this name, probably still isn't, but it works for us. My husband now calls her "Pippi Doodle" which suits her VERY well.

No comments: